NKESC is the lead agency for a small consortium of schools that provide supplemental services to districts to provide support services to students and professional development opportunities to staff for students who indicate that a language other than English is spoken in the home.
The Basics of Title III Services:
- Title III is for English Language Acquisition
- Professional Development
- Instruction from a qualified staff member
- Allocation to supplement English language support services to ELLS
- Supplements local, state and other federal money
- If required, under state, local, or other federal law, Title III money cannot be used for it.
- Professional development and instruction
- For districts in consortia, this is about professional development. There is not enough money to provide equitable instruction.
- The most efficient use of Title III money is in professional development.
Districts in the 2012-2013 Title III Consortium
USD 103 CHEYLIN
USD 105 RAWLINS COUNTY
USD 106 WESTERN PLAINS
USD 216 DEERFIELD
USD 242 WESKAN
USD 297 ST. FRANCIS
USD 315 COLBY
USD 316 GOLDEN PLAINS
USD 352 GOODLAND